Friday, March 12, 2010

Southern Californication?



Wednesday:  While watching tv in my office at work, I notice “Superbad” is playing on FX, but I somehow end up watching “Friends With Money” on Lifetime instead. 

Thursday:  I’m at work with my office tv muted, but tuned to TBS to keep me company.  In the middle of my shift, I take a look up and notice that “Sex and the City” is on.  And, just by seeing Carrie’s haircut I am able to deduce that it is a rerun from the season where she dated “Burger.”

Friday:  The algebra here suggests that I will spend Friday at work making an excessive amount of phone calls to my mother to discuss petty social minutia - and planning a bachelorette party for a sorority sister.
Should I call in sick today?  Will it even matter?  Would I simply be delaying what will inevitably arise Monday?

I do not know what any of this means, but I do find these events to be cause for concern. 
I will be using this upcoming weekend to take a long, hard look at myself and ask some really tough questions.

I realize that I typically write “You’re welcome” in this space, but today I’m not so sure you are,

- Unnerved in North Hollywood

No comments: