Sunday, February 19, 2012

Celebrity Sighting 2/17/12

Friday, after lunching in Beverly Hills I had to head back across the hill for a 4:00 meeting in Studio City.

[That sentence makes my life sound a lot more important than it really is.]

About 6 minutes into my drive up Coldwater Canyon, I realized that traffic was going to turn my 25-minute trip into 2 hours, so I headed East on Sunset toward Laurel Canyon Boulevard.  Predictably, Sunset was packed like a mother, but eventually I made my way onto LCB. 

Since I was stuck in my car for a classic Friday 4:00 West Hollywood traffic extravaganza, I had my iPod working hard.  And, because I feel like I am always listening to the same playlists over and over, this time I scrolled to "Songs," spun down to "S" and let the bitch ride.  About 5-6 songs into the Ss, I had advanced nearly 400 feet to the intersection of LCB and Hollywood Blvd.  At that time, "Seasons of Wither" by Aerosmith came on my iPod.  Full disclosure, I only keep 2 Aerosmith songs on my device.  But, since I really enjoy "Season of Wither," I decided to let it run.  45 seconds into the song, Steven Tyler blew past me (going the opposite direction) in a black Porsche Carrera GT convertible. 

Full-on irony.

I laughed for a second and then said aloud, "Fuckin' L.A."

It was wild to see him right when 1 of 2 Aerosmith possibilities was playing in my car.

And it was so clearly him.  Because he was speeding downhill in a convertible, his tinted hair extensions were blowing everywhere.  His scarf was blowing everywhere.  The blonde woman in the passenger seat's hair was blowing everywhere (in a complete stunner, she was wearing a scarf too).  There was literally shit flying every which way. 

Does anyone out there think this is as amazing and funny and ironic as I do?  Exactly zero of the friends I have told this story to so far have even bothered to look up from their phones.

At any rate, I have recently decided to write an e-book about my celebrity encounters and this story might just bat lead off.  I'll let you all know when the book drops, and I am expecting you all to buy it for you Kindles and iPads.


You're welcome,


_Todd

1 comment:

LindyNicole said...

Finally a new blog for my bored ass. I keep hitting refresh on my dashboard. I love the extensions blowing in the wind. Ha!