Monday, October 20, 2008

The Hiatus


Sorry about the hiatus.

I have some good reasons for my absence.

First, the last two months of my life have looked like this: Indianapolis to Los Angeles for a week. Back home to Indianapolis for a week. Next up was a seven-day trip to New York. After returning home from New York, I stayed home for five days and then took a trip to Chicago for the weekend (What up DJ A-Trak!). Once I returned to Indianapolis from Chicago, I received word on the phone that I had been offered a job…in Los Angeles. So, I went to work back in Indianapolis on that next Monday and gave my two weeks notice.

For the next 14 days, I spent every waking moment procuring moving trucks, setting up California utilities, preparing to pack my life up in to boxes way too heavy to be carried by any human not taking Barry Bonds “vitamins,” and screaming “there’s never any time” like Jesse Spano during the "Caffeine Pill Freakout" episode of Saved By The Bell.

Then came the drive across the country. This Trans Am trip was quite possibly the worst week of my life (this means more when you understand that my life is like a Ben Stiller movie). If I can muster the strength to relive the trip, it may one day surface as a blog all it’s own.

After arriving in California, I spent the first week unpacking and making the expected Ikea and Target runs.

Then, two weeks at the new job.

Seriously, it has been a blur. I have had small portions of time where I have written a little, but the blog has really suffered. The good news is that going to NY and moving to Hollywood has spawned an incalculable amount of blog ideas. My blackberry’s hard drive is nearly at capacity, in large part because of my enormous “Blog Ideas” document.

I promise I will make it up to you.

You’re welcome.

-Todd AKA "Trip" AKA “Trip McNeely”

2 comments:

LindyNicole said...

It's about time! I can't wait to get out to LA to see you. . .

LindyNicole said...

P.S. Who took that dope pic of A-Trak? ;)